Today's tried and true recipe, Chicken Breasts in Lemon Cream sauce, is one that I love. L.O.V.E., love. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways - heavy cream, butter, mushrooms, lemon - what's not to love? This is the kind of recipe you save for a special occasion because it's just so good, so bad, so right. I cannot wait to make this again...and again...and again.
I found the wonderful recipe on Food.com. It had 5 stars and awesome reviews. The dish was pretty simple and one I knew I had to try. I love lemon chicken, lemon anything, and once I read the reviews, I could not wait to make this for dinner. Just reading the ingredients, I knew it would be fantastic.
Here are some reviews on food.com for the recipe:
"This is over the top marvelous - I made extra and later used it for chicken crepes. The sauce is simply divine! DH thought the sauce would be too rich and heavy - it is just the opposite, light and refreshing. This is sure to be a regular on our menu. Thank You!"
"This is fabulous! It is one of my favorite meals, served over rice with broccoli on the side. MMMMMM-MMMMMMM-MMMMM!! I usually add a touch more lemon because I like the zing. Great recipe, thanks."
" This meal was awesome! We loved the lemon flavor. It was not too over powering but just right. Thanks for posting this wonderful dish."
" Mega-Hit! My family loved this recipe when I made it for my son's Baptism. It is so very tasty and we look forward to eating it again. I didn't make a single change to the recipe; there was absolutely no need! Thanks so much!"
"This was so good! We served it with mashed potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking about it again!"
" My neighbor made this for us the other night and I thought I was about to die! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to make it for myself. This will definitely be a staple meal in our house!"
Chicken Breasts in Lemon Cream Sauce
- 6 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
- 6 tablespoons butter - divided
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- flour, to dredge chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I pressed juice from 1 whole lemon)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (I omitted and used black)
- salt and pepper
Head to Food.com, for the directions and to print this wonderful recipe.
- I didn't have white pepper so I just used black.
- I doubled the sauce because my chicken breast were so large. When I make it in the future, I plan to always double the sauce - that includes the mushrooms.
- Instead of measuring the lemon juice, I just squeezed a fresh lemon. Since I doubled the sauce, I used the juice from two whole lemons.
- I served the chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.
- Not a fan of mushrooms? Leave them out.
Go make this dish, NOW! You can thank me later.
Thank you so much for stopping by!