Here is another easy recipe for the crock-pot...
it's a twist on the Chicken Curry Post in January.
Easy Crock-Pot Tomato Chicken Curry
with plain yogurt & sweet mango chutney
Crock-Pot Tomato Chicken Curry:
- 3 lbs chicken thighs or breasts (*thawed, skinless, boneless - if using breasts cut them in thirds)
- 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 10 oz Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Power
- Plain Yogurt (optional)
- Sweet Mango Chutney/Mild (optional) - I use Patak's brand
- Rice (basmati, brown, white) - cooked according to package
Lightly spray crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breast on bottom of cooker. In a medium size bowl, mix the diced tomatoes, Ro*Tel® and curry together. Next, pour tomato and curry mixture over chicken, cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours until chicken is ready. Serve over cooked rice with a dollop of plain yogurt and sweet mango chutney. SO GOOD!
*Quick note on using frozen meat in the crock-pot - For years I have used frozen chicken in the crock-pot, following recipes from other sites and bloggers. After doing further research, I would NOT do this, even if you have been cooking frozen meat in your slow cooker for years. This post, Is It Safe To Use Frozen Meat in Your Crockpot, from Two Healthy Kitchens, does an excellent job explaining why it is NOT.
Be sure to add a dollop of plain yogurt and sweet mango chutney -
great combination of flavors!