I finally made an Avocado Egg Salad! I used all the same ingredients as my Cilantro Lemon-Lime Egg Salad - I just doubled the recipe and added an avocado. This salad is great! I love the avocado added!
Avocado Cilantro Egg Salad with Lemon-Lime MayoPrint Recipe
- 12 Large Hard Boiled Eggs Chopped (6 whole eggs - 6 eggs without the yolks)
- 1 Avocado (1/2 diced, the other half mashed)
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Mayo (light, reg - Not Miracle Whip)
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Fresh Crack Pepper to Taste
- Salt to taste (I used Sea Salt)
For the lemon-lime mayo, in a small bowl, mash 1/2 of an avocado. Next, add mayonnaise, lemon and lime juice. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
In a medium size bowl, add chopped eggs, 1/2 of the diced avocado, onions and cilantro. Add the lemon-lime mayonnaise and fold/mix into salad. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill in fridge. Serve over a bed of lettuce, with crackers or make a sandwich.
Thanks for stopping by!