Happy New Year!
I have a great recipe for the first Tried & True Tuesday of 2013!
Today's recipe is a copycat recipe and one of my favorite appetizers!
Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread!
No words can describe how yummy this stuff is! This is my best attempt at recreating The Laundry's Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread in Fenton, Michigan. If you are ever driving by Fenton, MI, you MUST stop by this place! Whenever I'm in Michigan, I always buy a bunch of this spread, put in a cooler and drive it the few hours home. Since I don't live in Michigan and crave this stuff, this was as close as I could get to the original...and it's pretty darn good!
Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread
(Inspired by The Laundry's Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread)
- 2 8 oz Blocks of Cream Cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 5 oz Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 oz Real Bacon, cooked - (I always cheat and use pre-cooked. If you make your own, apple wood smoked bacon is the best)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion (green section, chopped)
- 6-8 oz Apricot Preserves (use more for a sweeter taste)
In a medium size bowl, mix everything together. Pour in serving dish and allow to chill for 1 hour. Serve chilled with a fresh baguette or favorite crackers.
Use less cream cheese for stronger Gorgonzola taste.
Use more Apricot Preserves for sweeter taste.
You can use less or more green onion.
Taste test as you make it, to see what you like best.