Today's Tried & True is a recipe I whipped up last year and was an instant family favorite. My daughter loved it so much, she requested it for her birthday dinner. SPICY TOMATO CHICKEN ALFREDO - quick and easy...so delicious!
Spicy Tomato Chicken Alfredo
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 23 ounce jar of spaghetti Sauce - I used Traditional Prego
- 16 ounce jar of Alfredo - I used light Ragu Alfredo
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat skillet
- pinch/dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- fresh basil (use as much as you like to garnish, I use a lot)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Penne Pasta (cooked as directed)
Cook pasta according to package. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high, add chicken and garlic. Cook chicken until just about done. Pour spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce and can of diced tomatoes and chilies over top of chicken. Next add cayenne pepper, stir. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon chicken and sauce over cooked pasta, garnish with basil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!