If you are looking for a wonderful bowl of comfort food to get you through a winter day, or any day for that matter, look no further! Better Homes and Garden's Aromatic Beef Stew with Butternut Squash will warm you up in no time.
This recipe was shared by my good friend, Mrs. S, a few years ago. I was lucky enough to score a bowl the last time she made it. She was even sweet enough to take a picture for me to share with all of you. I've made this myself and it's absolutely delicious and simple to make. Mrs. S has made it several times (she always shares) and it always gets rave reviews, especially from me - it's the best stew ever, a must try!
Aromatic Beef Stew with Butternut Squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound stew beef (round or chuck) cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 pound butternut squash (shortcut tip, buy it pre-cut in the produce section)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 8 oz can tomato sauce (no salt)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Head to Better Homes and Gardens for full recipe. Be sure to print extra copies, you'll need them to pass out to family and friends!
Thanks for stopping by!