Today I am sharing these terrific roasted garlic potatoes, a tried and true recipe from Ina Garten. This is one of my favorite go-to potato recipes that's so simple to make, so good - a big winner in our house.
These potatoes go with so many dinners and there are never any leftovers. They have a perfect crisp on the outside with a wonderful garlic taste.
The recipe has over 225 reviews with a 5 star rating.
Perfect Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Ina Garten recipe - slightly adapted
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds red or white potatoes - small potatoes are best. If using small potatoes, cut in half or in quarters. Larger potatoes, cut into large bite size pieces - see photo above for size.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, enough to lightly coat potatoes
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh group black pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt or sea salt (adjust to taste or diet)
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes or *2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss potatoes in olive oil, garlic, *parsley, salt and pepper, being sure to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Place potatoes in a roasting pan or on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place on middle rack of oven and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes, turning the potatoes two times while baking. Baking times may vary from oven to oven. When ready, remove and serve warm. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
- *If using fresh parsley - wait until AFTER potatoes are finished baking to toss with the fresh parsley.
- Fresh rosemary (minced) is a great addition to this recipe. Add the rosemary BEFORE baking.