Today's recipe share is a childhood favorite. A summer staple that's so good, it should be made year round, not just for barbecues - Best-Ever Amish Macaroni Salad!
This sweet and tangy, super creamy macaroni salad is sure to be a hit at your next get-together, people will be going back for seconds and thirds! Be prepared to hand out copies of the recipe, family and friends will be asking for it.
Hellman's and Duke's mayonnaise fans may be asking...MIRACLE WHIP?! Yes...that's right, Miracle Whip. This salad is on the sweet and tangy side, all of the ingredients come together beautifully.
What you need: Elbow macaroni, hard-boiled eggs, red bell pepper, celery, sweet onion, Miracle Whip, dill pickle relish, yellow mustard, white vinegar, sugar, celery seed and salt.
Best-Ever Amish Macaroni Salad
- 12 ounce box elbow macaroni prepared according to package - rinse in cold water, drain well, set aside
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped (sweet onion)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cups Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
On a large cutting board, chop veggies and eggs.
In a large bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients and stir until blended well. Pour veggies and eggs on top, mix well. Add prepared macaroni and stir until well blended. Place covered in fridge and chill for 1 to 2 hours. Stir before serving. Enjoy!
If you are not a fan of some of the veggies or the egg, you can easily adjust this recipe to suit your taste by omitting ingredients. People like to add carrots, green/yellow bell peppers, even chucks of cheddar cheese.
Thanks for stopping by!